Saturday 17 September 2011

Goodbye, RIFT

You know, Rift is a good game. It plays well, it's very intuitive (especially if you're from a Warcraft background as it's basically the same game) and it looks great.

But in the end I found it somewhat boring. Uninspiring, even. It looks great and the backstory is wonderful, but it felt like I was simply walking from drab location to drab location twatting enemies. There were no moments where I found a location and marvelled at the imagery, like I did with Ironforge in WoW or the dwarven realms in WAR. There was no 'Cor, look at that!!!!' factor. It was a good game to play but was ultimately rather dull for me.

But don't let that put you off. My wife still plays Rift and she's loving every minute of it. If Star Wars: The Old Republic wasn't coming out I wouldn't have cancelled my Rift subscription, to be honest. Give me the choice between swords and lightsabres... sorry. No competition, really. But that's a matter of taste, not quality.

1 comment:

  1. All of us had this different taste in a game. It really depends on we see and appreciate the game. I love playing WoW and now Rift and for sure I feel the same way with SWTOR. I still keep my accounts active in raiding purposes and completing achievements, mounts and pets. I’m really a collector and I love to post each screenshot of it if I have new one in my blog. These how fanatic I am and attached with my toon that I almost invest for about 2k USD in buy rift platinum to have my collections.

    ReplyDelete