Saturday 31 August 2013

Nerd Stuff I Kinda Forgot I Had: Part 1

We never chose the carpet
Holy crap! I found some nerd stuff I kinda forgot I had! And I've just repeated the title of this blog post! Amazing!

So I'm going through my cupboards and a few boxes and I'm digging through some stuff that I'm thinking of parting with when this little beauty jumps out. It's the launch collector's boxset of the MMORPG 'Warhammer Online'.

It's all complete and in fantastic condition. It's got the game, a wonderful hardback 'Art Of' book with some stupendous illustrations, the introductory comic (also in hardback), a mouse mat and, most importantly, the limited edition Grumlock and Gazbag Games Workshop figures still in their blister pack and in as-new condition.

I used to really enjoy Warhammer Online. After playing World of Warcraft for a few months and becoming utterly frustrated by the grind I just wanted to play a game where I did some exploring and fought some wars, and this was perfect for it.

There were two instances in the game where, playing my favourite character Hellfeur the Bright Wizard, I both inspired my forces to turn the tide of losing fight and win a siege and also made a momentous cockup that lost us the battle and caused an attack on Altdorf that we ultimately lost.

My inspiring words for the victory were - 'Hold them at the gates! Make them pay for every yard!'

My cockup phrase was - 'I don't see any destro'.

It was a great game and I had a lot of love for it. What a great find, I'm going to sit down and read the books right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment