Tuesday 20 July 2010

The construction of a gaming shop - Part 1

Painting. Painting. And... more painting.

The initial project, after sorting out suppliers and display units, was painting the shop to a desired colour. I wasn't sure the off-pink salmoncolour the shop was currently coloured was going to go down well with consumers. My wife, bless her heart, chose a nice bright yet unobtrusive colour that would blend well into the background after posters, art and shelving were put up.
It went well. We got it done in about four hours, although when I go back in today there'll no doubt be more touching up to be done. As it stands at the moment, though, the painting is done and finished.
Just to make sure people knew what we were doing, I put little signs up in the windows:

5 comments:

  1. Love reading about this. Keep it coming. Not sure whether to bring the Mrs and baby or my gamer mates on the first visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wifey is not what I would call a gamer*. The idea of her barrelling up to Birmingham (sorry, yes, Sutton Coldfield) to visit a gaming shop, when we have a perfectly friendly one in Reading is not what she would call a good idea.

    Are you going to have a big opening? That would be the day to come up.

    *The boy probably will end up one because I WILL FORCE HIM TO PLAY. Like any good father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed you've not bought .com domain yet. I'd get on that toot-suite before some bastard cyber squats on it and tries to sell it back to you for 1000 quid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. Best Minecraft Servers

    ReplyDelete