Monday 10 January 2011

Eclipse Phase

The more I read about this game the more intrigued I become.


The turn-ons for me are the fact that it seems to deal with a slice of the science fiction genre that I'm new to but enjoying, that of high-concept transhumanist sci-fi, and it also has a healthy dose of horror thrown in. Sitting here listening to Jerry Goldmsith's ALIEN soundtrack and looking at that cover is making me nod my head. That and the system is percentile based, which is one of my favourite resolution systems coming as I do from a WFRP background. I downloaded the quickstart from http://www.eclipsephase.com/ and I'm impressed. I'm considering a full purchase in the near future.

It's nice to come across a game that I haven't had thrust down my throat by banner ads and drooling gamers. I've always known it was there, like we've been looking at each other across a crowded bar for the last few weeks, and I think I've got the courage to buy it a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment