Tuesday 21 February 2012

Experience points

As in, moments in my gaming history where I learned something that I found enlightening and changed the way I game. Points of experience. Get it? Get it? I'm wasted here.

This year marks the 29th year of my involvement in the hobby, from innocent bright-eyed Fighting Fantasy Gamebook reader to cynical grizzled veteran of many campaigns and dice rolls. I like to think I've learned a lot over the years and decades and I've written some small articles detailing the occasions and incidents where I felt I truly discovered something about how to make my gaming experience better. My last few blog entries have reflected this and I've enjoyed writing them.

So, over the next few weeks I'm going to share little anecdotes from my gaming history and what I learned from it. I'll be changing names and most likely changing or interpreting the event to make my point, both by mistake and on purpose, primarily so that I don't embaress anyone or myself.

It may help you, it may not. You may agree with my conclusions, you may be highly offended and pray for my soul to be saved by the Great Die In The Sky. Either way, I hope you find it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment