Sunday 25 November 2012

The Beginnings of a Game Room

I'm looking at running my own science fiction games on Monday night. Big J is running his fantastic Basic D&D games on Thursdays at his place, but as much as I love fantasy I have a science fiction itch I need to scratch.

To this end I've decided to utilise my sparse garage as a gaming room. There's some stuff in there but after clearing the majority of it out there was enough room for a small dinner table and a four-seater fold-out table. This means I have enough room for GM stuff and five players, which is a gaming group number I'm very happy with.

The floor is still a bit crappy and the walls are bland, but even in the UK winter it's still warm as the boiler is in the garage and it's well insulated, with no damp or water leaking in, even after the horrendous weather we've had recently.

Facilities are right inside the kitchen door so the rest of the house will not be disturbed by the weirdos in the garage, and there's power points galore and wi-fi for anyone wanting to bring their laptops.

All in all, it looks pretty good. First of all I'm, having a stab at some sci-fi Cthulhu but I'm hoping to get D6 Star Wars back on the go.

It's a good little gaming space, and I'm looking forward to seeing how we get on in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment